What about making a veggie loaf for the week ahead? This veggie loaf is a great bread alternative that is gluten, dairy, sugar and all nasties free! It is also extremely easy to make and it tastes delicious – try it out!
– 1½ cups almond meal
– ¾ cup arrowroot flour
– ½ tsp himalayan salt
– ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 5 medium free-range egg
– 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 large zucchini grated with extra moisture squeezed out
– 1 large carrot grated
– ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
– 2 tbsp pepitas, raw
– Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180°C and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
– In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, arrowroot flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
-In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
– Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the zucchini and carrot as you can. Add to the eggs along with the cheese and whisk well.
– Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with pepitas.
– Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing into ten 1.5cm thick slices.