Apple cider vinegar is one of the oldest and most useful remedies on Earth. It contains a wealth of raw enzymes and beneficial bacteria which are responsible for the majority of it’s health benefits!
The benefits of apple cider vinegar come from it’s powerful healing compounds which include acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics and enzymes.
Acetic acid has the ability to kill dangerous “bad” bacteria, and at the same time to foster the growth of beneficial “good” bacteria. Because acetic acid kills unwanted bacteria, it essentially acts as a natural antibiotic. This means apple cider vinegar naturally provides numerous benefits related to skin, digestion, and immunity health without any side effects.
New medical research also suggests that apple cider vinegar use can help cure acid reflux, lower blood pressure, improve diabetes, and support weight loss.
Additionally, apple cider vinegar is a good source of polyphenols which is linked to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, cancers, neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
Make sure when buying apple cider vinegar you buy it raw and with the “mother” which means it still contains the beneficial compounds including probiotics.
The recipe below is one of my favorites! It taste delicious and I feel amazing when I have it! You can have it before breakfast or even as an afternoon tea, and remember that the effects are better when having on an empty stomach!
Recipe from Heal Your Gut – Lee Holmes
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 5 cm knob of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- Dash Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 500 ml (2 cups) filtered water
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- Place the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and a dash of cayenne pepper into a teapot. Bring two cups of filtered water to a rapid boil, then carefully pour it into the teapot, place the lid on and leave it to steep for a few minutes.
- Add the honey (optional)
- Strain into mugs and enjoy immediately.
- This can also be made in bulk and placed into a glass bottle and kept in the fridge.